To view active media links, please use the Training Programs tab.
The Continuous Capability topic will provide the participant with the knowledge and skills related to a wide array of continuous process capability metrics. Specifically, the participant will learn how to compute, interpret, interrelate and report the primary indices of capability that rely on continuous data, such as Cp, Cpk, Z.st, Z.lt, just to mention a few. Of interest, the participant will also learn how to create rational subgroups so as to constrain, or otherwise limit, the influence of nonrandom events during the course of sampling. This is an important element since such events might bias the short-term estimate of process capability, thereby providing a misleading indicator of capability.
It should be recognized that the key principles underlying the practice of rational sub grouping also underpins several other core practices, like Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Design of Experiments (DOE). In addition, the participant will learn how to estimate process centering error (shift and drift) and understand how such errors can significantly influence the longitudinal (long-term) capability of a process.
Reinforcement of major concepts, techniques, and application is realized through exercises, scenarios, and case studies. The following prerequisite topics are listed in sequential learning order: Basic Statistics. Total instructional time for this topic is 8 hours and 32 minutes.
- Performance Specifications - Explain the basic nature and purpose of performance specification limits
- Rational Subgrouping - Explain how to form rational subgroups and describe their purpose in Six Sigma work
- Capability Study - Understand the concept of process capability and how it applies to products and services
- Instantaneous Capability - Understand the concept of instantaneous capability in relation to Six Sigma work
- Longitudinal Capability - Understand the concept of longitudinal capability in relation to Six Sigma work
- Cp Index - Compute and interpret Cp
- Cpk Index - Compute and interpret Cpk
- Pp Index - Compute and interpret Pp
- Ppk Index - Compute and interpret Ppk
- Process Shifting - Understand the impact of process centering error on short-term capability
- Process Qualification - Determine the required level of short-term capability necessary to qualify a process
- ConcaP Simulation - Apply continuous indices of capability to the process simulator