To view active media links, please use the Training Programs tab.
The Training Project topic is entirely focused on an extensive simulated case problem that fully emulates the application environment of a Six Sigma project. Through this topic, the participant is provided a grand opportunity to apply their process improvement knowledge and problem solving skills in a hands-on fashion. Expressed differently, this course is based on a real world problem solving situation that can only be resolved through the progressive application of common process improvement methods and tools. Naturally, this type of hands-on training is intended to stretch each participant, regardless of their previous training.
By design, the project simulation maps exactly to the RDMAIC problem solving process - Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control. Throughout each phase of this strategy, the participant is confronted with a set of real-world data that must be effectively organized, thoroughly analyzed and judiciously interpreted in order to progress to the next phase. To facilitate such analyses, the participant must call upon the capabilities of Excel and Minitab software. Only through hands-on application can the participant realize a solution and thereby successfully complete the project simulation.
The scope and depth of ones participation is constrained only by the scope and depth of their knowledge base. In this sense, the training project allows a participant to continue until their background skills no longer allow for meaningful participation. Owing to this unique and powerful feature, every practitioner can be stretched to their respective limits. Total instructional time for this topic is 3 hours and 56 minutes.
- Project Introduction - Understand the steps to deploy a Training Project
- Recognize Phase - Understand the tools used during the Recognize Phase
- Define Phase - Execute the steps needed during the Define Phase
- Measure Phase - Understand the tools needed during the Measure Phase
- Analyze Phase - Become familiar with the tools used during the Analyze Phase
- Improve Phase - Become familiar with the tools needed for improvement
- Control Phase - Recognize the usage of tools needed for Process Control
- Survey Analysis - Execute the techniques to analyze Survey data
- Risk Analysis - Understand the tools needed for a Risk Analysis